Collection and Use of Information
- GeneXus™ does not collect personally identifiable information except when you specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, we collect personally identifiable information about you when you register for a GeneXus™ account.
- When you register for an account, we ask for your name, email address, company name and country.
- GeneXus™ also receives, and automatically registers in its servers, information coming from your browser such as IP address and the pages required by you.
- GeneXus™ uses the collected information for two general purposes: to satisfy your requirements of specific products or services, and to contact you in connection with these products and services, when necessary.
Third Party Access to Information
GeneXus™ will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party. However, we may disclose your personally identifiable information to other companies or organizations in the following cases:
- When you request or give us permission to do so.
- When we need to share your information with any third party, including companies or organizations acting as our agents in different territories, in order to respond to your product or service requests (Unless explicitly specified, these companies or organizations do not have the right to use the information provided by us, except when strictly necessary to provide the requested service).
- When we are required by a law or regulation to do so, or are ordered by a court to do so.
- When we have to protect and defend our rights, as well as the rights, property and other interests of our users or others.
IP AddressesWhen your browser requests a Web page from another PC on the Internet, it automatically provides this PC with the address to which this information should be sent. This is called IP address, where IP stands for Internet Protocol.For most users accessing the Internet through a dial-up account with an Internet Service Provider (ISP), the IP address will be different each time they get connected.
Collection and Use of IP Addresses
GeneXus™ automatically receives information from your browser, including IP address, each time you request a page. Your IP address may also be stored in our user records when you create your account. IP addresses can be used for different purposes, including:
- Diagnosing technical or service problems reported by our users or by associated administrators with IP addresses controlled by a specific ISP.
- Advertising on our pages based on the geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Most IP addresses are commonly associated with ISPs, universities, or large corporations in specific locations or regions.
- Estimating the total number of hits to GeneXus™ from specific countries or regions.
CookiesA "cookie" is a small data file that contains a unique identifier. It is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored in your PC.
Each Web site can send its own cookies to your browser, provided your browser is set to allow this. Nevertheless, to protect your privacy, your browser allows each Web site to read only those cookies that have been sent by it, and not the ones that have been sent from other sites.
Options Regarding Cookies
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all of them or be asked what to do in each case. Note that each browser is different; refer to the Help section of your browser for information on how to change your settings.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to access GeneXus™ websites, products and services that require you to enter your username and password (login). However, other GeneXus™ websites, products and services may not require your browser to accept cookies.
Practices Regarding Cookies
GeneXus ™ uses its own cookies, and third-party cookies and pixels for different purposes, including:
- Accessing your information when you enter the system to provide you with with personalized content (Hubspot) and help with troubleshooting (User.com).
- Maintaining a register of the preferences selected by you when using GeneXus™ services.
- Estimating the traffic amount and understanding how users behave on our website (Google Analytics and Hotjar).
- Doing research to improve our contents and services.
- Offer services or products through the Remarketing tools of Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Provide data from the website visitors to Facebook, Twitter and HubSpot through the use of their respective pixels in order to generate content and personalized ads. You can check your Facebook ad settings and update your preferences at any time.
- Store your active user session and request that you re-enter your password, after a specified period of time, to prevent that someone else may accidentally use your user account.
Modifying or Deleting your Information and Preferences
- GeneXus™ gives you the possibility of modifying your information or your preferences any time.
- You can have your account deleted by sending a message to email@example.com
- Your GeneXus™ account information is password-protected to ensure your privacy and security.
- In some areas, GeneXus™ may use SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Changes to this Policy
GeneXus™ may occasionally make small modifications or additions to the policy contained herein. If a substantial change is made, we will notify you through a highlighted announcement in our pages or by directly contacting you.