GeneXus is a Enterprise Low-Code Software Development Platform. Since our beginnings we’ve been saying "describe what you need and let GeneXus AI create the code and databases. More than 3 decades later, we're still doing the same, we're just taking the "describe" bit to a whole new level.
GeneXus Next is a combination of different AI Assistants with GeneXus’ technology to create and maintain enterprise software solutions in record time, through the combination of deterministic symbolic AI with LLM (Large Language Model) technology.
How does it work?
GeneXus steps into the software creation process with its AI Assistants by providing a standard layer to bridge the understanding gap between the different profiles of professionals, their programming languages, tools and unique interactions: from designers to developers, to testers.
GeneXus Next allows the use of natural language as common input for each profile. In essence, you can use natural language requirements to create complex business workflows or for data modeling, use sketched images to generate fully interactive UIs, or use audio instructions to evolve the system functionality.
What can I use it for?
- For Generating Web Apps from descriptions
The AI will take care of it for you, generate all the tokens and styles automatically and apply them to your project. The code will be generated and deployed automatically.
- AI to Deliver Backend Systems
Make your request and watch the AI Assistant quickly generate a draft of a backoffice based on the data and entities you need. It can also create a first prototype of the backend and the APIs and deploy them to a prototyping cloud if you want it to.
- Text to Business Process in Development Time
Ask our AI Assistant for suggestions of business processes so you can initiate it, based on Standard BPM Notation. This workflow can be automatically deployed, generating the inboxes both web and mobile ready to run.
- Text to Image in Development Time
Request the AI for a quick image generation during the development process to improve prototyping time.
- AI Assistant for Application Modeling
When in need of a new screen for your project, simply jot it down and describe it to the AI Assistant and watch it deliver it along with the appropriate data that you need to manage.
- AI Assistant for Data Modeling
Based on a simple description, the AI Assistant can model the Data Structure that will later be used by GeneXus to create the Data Models and Databases you need.
Why should I use GeneXus Next?
The main impact of our Assistants is on "Time" and "Ease of use", which impacts delivery time and learning curves to the enterprise.
As well as:
- Productivity (increased even more thanks to AI Assistants).
- Ease of learning (increased even more thanks to AI Assistants).
- Code generation and delivery of systems for any of the most popular platforms (powered by GeneXus Platform).
- Ease of Integrating to different solutions (powered by GeneXus Platform).
- Knowledge Modeling (Future-proofing and automated evolution powered by GeneXus Platform).
How is GeneXus Next different from other Chat Assistants?
The biggest difference is that these other Chat Assistants use a probabilistic AI, which means they are not yet reliable or easy to transform into a functional, solid solution. For example, if you make the same request 3 times, you’ll get different solutions each time. This is not ideal when creating a complex solution, like a Core Banking System.
GeneXus, on the other hand, has a great approach to code generation and delivery that is based on a deterministic AI, which allows you to always get the best code possible for any given problem. Plus, our assistants were trained in GeneXus so the answers can be used for modeling and generating the solution to your needs.
So is GeneXus Next deterministic AI only?
It’s actually a combination of probabilistic AI with deterministic AI.
What we do is mix the strengths of both, getting a solution that is very natural to interact with (probabilistic AI), plus the reliability and proven software capabilities of GeneXus (deterministic AI).
The integration of those worlds: Large Language Models to add a simplification layer to the development, plus the deterministic approach of Symbolic AI by GeneXus, makes the offering stand out, as it’s able to deliver working solutions instead of just suggestions or possibilities.
What is it not?
It’s not a generic AI trained to serve the general public. Meaning, we are not a competitor to those probabilistic AI Chat Assistants.
What are Large Language Models (LLM) used for?
Large Language Models can simplify software development creation, moving our industry forward.
Through the combination of deterministic symbolic AI with this LLM technology, GeneXus Next can create unprecedented enterprise software solutions in record time.
What makes GeneXus Next unique?
1. Deterministic code generation and delivery that produces real working solutions.
2. Solution modeling: when you ask something to our Assistant, it gets stored as part of the application model, which saves the knowledge for future use. This gives GeneXus future-proof capabilities. If technology changes, we create new code generators and use this model with the new generators to deliver the new technology.
3. Cross-AI-Platform for generated and delivered solutions. For example, we can generate a solution for Amazon that integrates with one AI provider and in the future, we might want the solution to run on Azure and use another AI provider. GeneXus can make this kind of transition easy. No other competitor can do this, and the hyperscalers who could, such as Amazon or Microsoft, have no interest in doing it, as they want solutions to run on their own clouds, not their competitors.
How are AI Assistants related to GeneXus?
GeneXus itself has used Expert Systems (AI) since its beginnings, to automate code generation and evolution. We have a deterministic way of generating code, which is used all over the world for mission-critical applications, and we are very excited to combine what we already offer for generating and deploying code, to several new AI assistant features based on fine tuned models around GeneXus, that will simplify the way developers create software, and most importantly, how they evolve the software over time.